Heads up: Our web pages are now HTML 5

As those of you watching gcc-patches@ will have noticed (or will
notice beginning of your week), I was busy this weekend completing
my project to convert the GCC web pages to HTML 5 (from previously
XHTML).

What does this mean for you?

Really not a lot, practically, since most of the changes required
were moving remaining cases of direct formatting to CSS and fixing
up a thing here or there.  So, if anything, things have become more
straightforward and easier to work with.  And while marked HTML 5
now, everything pretty much still would also validate as XHTML.

So you can essentially continue to go about things as before.

Except, it's now simpler!  For in addition to pushing CSS references
into individual pages, all of them now also carry a proper DOCTYPE,
without any preprocessing required.  So you can easily edit things
locally with whatever tool you desire and upload to validator.w3.org
as is (just ignoring a warning or two) for testing.

My earlier message to gcc-patches has a view more details:
https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2018-09/msg00026.html .

I have already updated my automated testbot for any of your commits
to wwwdocs, and am standing by to watch and lend a helping hand should
any be required or desired.

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Happy hacking, and keep your doc/web page contributions coming! :-)

Gerald

PS: There are a few older pages that I'm going to give a bit more
love and care the coming week or so, and our main page is the only
one left XHTML for the time being - WIP.