Re: How to get GCC on par with ICC?

On Fri, 15 Jun 2018, Jeff Law wrote:

> And resolution on -fno-math-errno as the default.  Setting errno can be
> more expensive than people realize.

I don't think I saw any version of the -fno-math-errno patch proposal that
included the testsuite updates I'd expect.  Certainly
gcc.dg/torture/pr68264.c tests libm functions setting errno and would need
to use -fmath-errno explicitly, but it seems likely there are other tests
involving built-in functions that in fact only test what they're intended
to test given -fmath-errno; tests using libm functions without explicit
-ffast-math / -fmath-errno / -fno-math-errno would need review (and there
should be new tests for optimizations that are only valid given
-fno-math-errno).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com