Re: Compiling c++ template is very slow.

On 03/09/2018 08:42 AM, Richard Biener wrote:

No. (if it's a vbase, it shows the offset in the complete object, IIRC, and
there's other data to let code generation know some vtable inspection is
needed when the dynamic type is unknown).

So there's no multiple inheritance of classes with VLA members then I guess.
Or rather there's no such thing as VLA members ;)

I guess.

If it's always constant I suggest to make it a non-tree ... I suspect while not
addressing the complexity it would improve compile-time a lot...

Not disagreeing -- I think there's a bunch of stuff in BINFOs that either don't need to be trees, or don't even need to be there.

Oh, and in the testcase there's no virtual methods so nobody should look
at BINFO_OFFSET anyway?

It's used for conversions to bases. (So it's not immediately clear to me that making it not a tree would win -- you'd be pushing the int->INTEGER_CST conversions into each base conversion generation. Don't forget, small integer_csts are commonized)

nathan

--
Nathan Sidwell