JIT status

Hi David, hi GCC team,

What is the current status of JIT in GCC ? It does not currently work on macOS, with a bug in libgccjit.so linkage. We can work around it with a hack of the Make-lang.in (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/formula-patches/e9e0ee09389a54cc4c8fe1c24ebca3cd765ed0ba/gcc/6.1.0-jit.patch) but it seems to me that a proper solution would be use --version-script only conditional, with a check for symver support, and check whether -soname or -install_name should be passed to create the shared library.

Homebrew (https://brew.sh) has been patching JIT support since GCC 6, and I’m considering simply dropping support for it when GCC 8 comes. Is there a chance I can this issue being fixed, or should I simply drop it?

Cheers,
FX