Re: Google Summer of Code 2018: Call for mentors and ideas

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 17 2018, Martin Jambor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> following a discussion at IRC about an upcoming deadline to register GCC
> as an independent organization for Google Summer of Code 2018 (GSoC), I
> have volunteered to serve as the org-admin for GCC if:
>
>   - there is not another volunteer (so step up if you are!),
>
>   - the community does not object (so let me and/or the steering
>     committee know if you think I am not the right person!), and
>
>   - we have at least 4 good project ideas together(!) with willing
>     mentors by next Monday January 22 (the deadline is on Tuesday).  I
>     will be very happy if we have more.

I consider the above conditions fulfilled and have started applying.

Unfortunately, Google requires there are at least two org-admins for an
organization.  We need to an additional admin by 6pm CET, which is in a
little over 6 hours.  So, who would like to do this with me?  (We can
have up to five :-).

Since I have started this thread, I expect to do most of the
org-admining, so any additional admin should not have that much work
with it.  But they apparently want a back-up as they want a reply to any
inquiry they might have within 36 hours.

My apologies for finding out this late but I did go through various
documents about the program and the requirement was not listed there, it
only popped up half-way through the application.

Martin