Re: Status of m32c target?

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 10:57:35AM +0100, Martin Jambor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jan 19 2018, Sandra Loosemore wrote:
> > On 01/19/2018 10:14 AM, Jeff Law wrote:
> >
> >> cc0 needs to die.  That doesn't mean that any particular target needs to
> >> be dropped -- it just  means that someone has to step forward to do the
> >> conversion.
> >
> > Unifying two parallel threads:  might this be a good project for GSoC?
>
> I have no idea how big the task would be but it seems it could be quite
> difficult.  Therefore we would need an experienced and extraordinarily
> willing to help mentor.

I'd be willing to help students where I can, but unfortunately I suspect
this isn't a great project.  My memory of looking at what was involved
is that you needed to learn a lot about how rtl worked to even
understand what needed to be done much less actually change things and
then test them.  That said maybe if we don't tell them its really hard
they'll go and do it and prove me wrong.

Trev