Re: Status of m32c target?

On 01/12/2018 04:07 PM, Joseph Myers wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018, Jeff Law wrote:
>
>> I was going to suggest deprecation for gcc-8 given how badly it was
>> broken in gcc-7 and the lack of maintenance on the target.
>
> While we're considering deprecations, what happened to the idea of setting
> a timescale by which cc0 targets need to be converted away from cc0 or be
> removed?
I don't think we ever really hashed through what that might look like.

I'd be comfortable saying gcc-8 is the deprecation point.  I know some
folks won't like that (someone already said so WRT the m68k, but didn't
step up to do the conversion), but I think that unless we set a point
nothing is likely to happen.

jeff

ps.  And since I maintain multiple affected ports, I'm a bit biased.