A New Year In Open Source

Hello friends,

As a new year begins, I am reminded of something I read many years ago:

    The jealous temper of mankind, ever more disposed to censure than
    to praise the work of others, has constantly made the pursuit of new
    methods and systems no less perilous than the search after unknown
    lands and seas.
        -- Niccolò Machiavelli, _Discourses on the First Decade of Titus Livy_

Such words are immortal, describing the human condition and its effect
on all efforts undertaken by humanity. Going forward I trust that the
community of developers contributing to GCC and related projects will
set aside their differences and egos for the betterment of this
project and the human race, something they have done for so many years
prior.

I hope to not clutter the list, but so often are these technical
forums only littered with problems. Some small measure of positivity
seems appropriate.

Cheers,
     R0b0t1