Re: RTL for stackmachines

On 11/15/2017 08:33 AM, Ábrahám Endre wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to make a gcc backend for a stack machine, is there a way to
> disable register specific behaviour required by target.h, target.c? also
> all preserved names in the RTL language assume usages of operands (addm3
> mulm3 etc) which is not an option in my target, do I have to manually set
> up new stack-based behaviour in the def?
I suspect the best way to go is to pretend you have a normal register
file up through the register allocator.  After register allocation
you'll want to convert to a stacked file.

GCC already does this for the x87 floating point unit, so you could
probably generalize and build on top of that existing code (reg-stack.c).

jeff