Re: Exhaustive Instructions for Toolchain Generation

On 5 October 2017 at 22:11, Sandra Loosemore wrote:
> On 10/05/2017 02:16 PM, R0b0t1 wrote:
>
>> I find it hard to care about someone's position or affiliation but
>> instead choose to care about what they do and how they act. If it was
>> Sandra's intent to ask me for free work, then I am not sure how that
>> qualifies as "the right thing." Per my latest response to her, even if
>> that is what she meant to do, my actions were not meant to be an
>> insult.
>>
>> I apologize if they were interpreted as such, but I would caution
>> against associating one's work with oneself too closely.
>>
>> That companies contribute to open source software and that those
>> contributions are useful is not something I ever wanted to dispute,
>> but at the end of the day those companies make money by restricting
>> access to information. There was no indication the information I was
>> asked to provide would ever benefit the GCC or open source community
>> at large.
>

> Let me stop this right here.  I never asked R0b0t1 to do "free work", and I
> have no idea what he/she/it is talking about here.  The mail he/she/it
> forwarded back to the list was the entirety of my attempt at direct
> communication.

R0b0t1 seems to have misunderstood the meaning of "If you can provide
some more details about what your goals are". To me that's another way
of saying "what exactly is it you're trying to do?" which still hasn't
been stated clearly.

Maybe it's best if this thread is allowed to die.