This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Exhaustive Instructions for Toolchain Generation
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Jeffrey Walton <noloader at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2017 17:53:09 +0100
- Subject: Re: Exhaustive Instructions for Toolchain Generation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAD4mYhF0JAkvLcBzHCocB9L5iTd5XU9K33WHeDsJo=_GxqfLg@mail.gmail.com> <CAH6eHdSLuB=uZ4Hseb-CQeT9=E8JTb8=J3yHxBu2DLm7kq=2DA@mail.gmail.com> <CAAD4mYinDcV_Avb9_KwLEmofAiSri_2kHiQrfdu1=LZL0+L3YA@mail.gmail.com> <CAH6eHdTC3yKYy56fZPS4BdCS4y3V2FFHJqhWmgu5VJzj9j-oAA@mail.gmail.com> <CAAD4mYjVnGZkCeezfLEos4QRyYcHJTmgA-322aMRzKVzwFttJA@mail.gmail.com> <CAAD4mYhvgxpn8R=OXDqHY5bLV18--sjA315qky9qLPicM68KRA@mail.gmail.com> <alpine.DEB.firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAH8yC8=bq0d3skKKSBiWc7AhSNtqVCzd8idq42RcWYqVFA6JGg@mail.gmail.com> <CAH6eHdQ07b+ERSy=-QOhWc3MNviPieQ4YfaXYD5idNVqAsKEpw@mail.gmail.com> <CAH6eHdRfyp1UTAg8v6omCAnyijYL28DQa+aeeABaExGo=fDAKQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAH8yC8kOf9r1f=SQENH8t4CDit830B2nmvy_JyJdnWG53x_GOw@mail.gmail.com>
On 4 October 2017 at 17:45, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
>>>> For completeness, GCC has a wiki. But I still don't have an account to
>>>> make an occasional update; and I still don't know how to get an
>>>> account. I tried to get one in the past but the process was broken so
>>>> I gave up.
>>> 1) create an account
>>> 2) get your username added to the right page to grant editing privs
>>> (by someone who already has them)
>>> How is this broken?
>> And "I couldn't be bothered to update the wiki, but someone should" is
>> hardly a good start, is it?
> Its not that we can't be bothered.
> The problem is, the process is so broken we can't do anything (q.v.).
> Or maybe, the folks who own the systems don't even realize how broken
> it is (your comments). Or maybe its by design... Who knows.
Clearly I don't know how it's broken, and am asking you to explain.
Which you're not doing. So I remain ignorant, and you continue
complaining it's broken. Thanks for your help.
If you create a wiki account I'll give you editing rights.