This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Exhaustive Instructions for Toolchain Generation
- From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader at gmail dot com>
- To: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2017 12:45:41 -0400
- Subject: Re: Exhaustive Instructions for Toolchain Generation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAD4mYhF0JAkvLcBzHCocB9L5iTd5XU9K33WHeDsJo=_GxqfLg@mail.gmail.com> <CAH6eHdSLuB=uZ4Hseb-CQeT9=E8JTb8=J3yHxBu2DLm7kq=2DA@mail.gmail.com> <CAAD4mYinDcV_Avb9_KwLEmofAiSri_2kHiQrfdu1=LZL0+L3YA@mail.gmail.com> <CAH6eHdTC3yKYy56fZPS4BdCS4y3V2FFHJqhWmgu5VJzj9j-oAA@mail.gmail.com> <CAAD4mYjVnGZkCeezfLEos4QRyYcHJTmgA-322aMRzKVzwFttJA@mail.gmail.com> <CAAD4mYhvgxpn8R=OXDqHY5bLV18--sjA315qky9qLPicM68KRA@mail.gmail.com> <alpine.DEB.firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAH8yC8=bq0d3skKKSBiWc7AhSNtqVCzd8idq42RcWYqVFA6JGg@mail.gmail.com> <CAH6eHdQ07b+ERSy=-QOhWc3MNviPieQ4YfaXYD5idNVqAsKEpw@mail.gmail.com> <CAH6eHdRfyp1UTAg8v6omCAnyijYL28DQa+aeeABaExGo=fDAKQ@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: noloader at gmail dot com
>>> For completeness, GCC has a wiki. But I still don't have an account to
>>> make an occasional update; and I still don't know how to get an
>>> account. I tried to get one in the past but the process was broken so
>>> I gave up.
>> 1) create an account
>> 2) get your username added to the right page to grant editing privs
>> (by someone who already has them)
>> How is this broken?
> And "I couldn't be bothered to update the wiki, but someone should" is
> hardly a good start, is it?
Its not that we can't be bothered.
The problem is, the process is so broken we can't do anything (q.v.).
Or maybe, the folks who own the systems don't even realize how broken
it is (your comments). Or maybe its by design... Who knows.