Re: Exhaustive Instructions for Toolchain Generation

On Wed, 4 Oct 2017, Jeffrey Walton wrote:

> Of the thousands of hits when searching for the information on a task
> like compiling GCC, there's probably a handful of good sources.
> Everything else is just crap on the web that someone decided to blog
> about. (This is speaking from experience).

The first Google hit I get for 'compiling gcc' is
https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/InstallingGCC (which in turn points to the
comprehensive installation manual, after pointing out that you may want to
start with an operating system package).

That may not help so much for putting together a cross toolchain, which is
much more specialized (and requires composing builds of multiple toolchain
components).  Maybe https://gcc.gnu.org/install/binaries.html should point
to common sources of such toolchain binaries, e.g. those from Linaro.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com