This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: "GOT" under aarch64
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- To: jacob navia <jacob at jacob dot remcomp dot fr>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 12:48:26 +0200
- Subject: Re: "GOT" under aarch64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* jacob navia:
> 1) How can I know what I should generate? Should I figure out the gcc
> version installed?
> 2) Is there any documentation for this change somewhere? What does it mean?
It's probably due to a downstream packaging change to enable
position-independent executables (PIE) by default.
> 3) What should be a portable solution for this problem?
That depends on how you integrate with the GNU toolchain.