This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] type promotion pass
- From: Steve Ellcey <sellcey at cavium dot com>
- To: Prathamesh Kulkarni <prathamesh dot kulkarni at linaro dot org>
- Cc: Wilco Dijkstra <Wilco dot Dijkstra at arm dot com>, "kugan dot vivekanandarajah at linaro dot org" <kugan dot vivekanandarajah at linaro dot org>, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, nd <nd at arm dot com>
- Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 12:45:50 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFC] type promotion pass
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp.mailfrom=Steve dot Ellcey at cavium dot com;
- References: <DB6PR0801MB2053C1BC62931E4B9DEE87CF836C0@DB6PR0801MB2053.eurprd08.prod.outlook.com> <email@example.com> <CAAgBjM=NYWxVwKcf+LAQdvmxNYjwpW1Hb23dxchNsnJ62=tqaQ@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: sellcey at cavium dot com
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
On Mon, 2017-09-18 at 23:29 +0530, Prathamesh Kulkarni wrote:
> Hi Steve,
> The patch is currently based on r249469. I will rebase it on ToT and
> look into the build failure.
> Thanks for pointing it out.
OK, I applied it to that version successfully. The thing I wanted to
check was to see if this helped with PR target/77729. It does not,
so I think even with this patch we would need my patch to address the
issue of having GCC recognize that ldrb/ldhb zero out the top of a
register and thus we do not need to mask it out later.