This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Byte swapping support
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Jürg Billeter <juerg dot billeter at codethink dot co dot uk>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 09:25:51 +0200
- Subject: Re: Byte swapping support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <1524176.JWFjpHKHfN@polaris>
* Eric Botcazou:
>> To support applications that assume big-endian memory layout on little-
>> endian systems, I'm considering adding support for reversing the
>> storage order to GCC.
> That was also the goal of the scalar_storage_order attribute.
By the way, what happened to the C++ bits? I think the c-family patch
which went in assumes that the C++ bits are there as well.