This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Invalid free in standard library in trivial example with C++17 on gcc 7.2
- From: Dave Gittins <dave dot gittins at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 08:58:08 +1000
- Subject: Re: Invalid free in standard library in trivial example with C++17 on gcc 7.2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1505203161.393389.1103126584.3CDA4A2C@webmail.messagingengine.com>
I confirmed this issue on x86_64 CentOS, and independently here:
Also fails on gcc trunk.
Possibly related to bug 81338 "stringstream remains empty after being
moved into multiple times"? Although I see that one is fixed by Mr
On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 5:59 PM, Shane Matley <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Apologies if I am coming about this in the wrong way, I am new to the
> mailing list. During our preliminary work to upgrade to gcc 7.2 (from
> 6.3) at my workplace, we have come across a bug that is blocking our
> move to C++17. I have raised a bug report here:
> There is an invalid free in a string within basic_stringbuf when
> inserting a character into an empty stringbuf when using the pre CXX11
> ABI, LTO, O1 and C++17.
> Could anyone offer some advice on diagnosing this further, or working
> around this issue that doesn't involve moving to the CXX11 ABI?
> Thanks in advance,
> -- Shane