This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: dejagnu version update?
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Rainer Orth <ro at cebitec dot uni-bielefeld dot de>, "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, Bernhard Reutner-Fischer <rep dot dot dot nop at gmail dot com>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat dot com>, Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2017 19:48:59 +0100
- Subject: Re: dejagnu version update?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAGWvnynfWZeEm+LoMKdOQb6vv33BLcE38sRxfbKWvues4eYFyg@mail.gmail.com> <CAMe9rOrA2RSJA9g9btXpUaryt7t-oUjpcb0=ZpEgA-HLN8EgLA@mail.gmail.com> <CAGWvnymEnhNgo=z+Gt9S+KBXsR_y6fQ60sC504uYwSEmi3svUA@mail.gmail.com> <CAMe9rOo+taw1eS8gzJgyPdQbmpgfHFQdxN+zpt2aFj2mNEPBSg@mail.gmail.com> <yddr2vz4uzp.fsf@CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.DE> <CAGWvnymKe8tgbvyrVRDGtjYEzWGy6PWt6FqhsmO8KxnztGU7OQ@mail.gmail.com>
On 25 August 2017 at 14:55, David Edelsohn wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 9:50 AM, Rainer Orth
> <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> Hi H.J.,
>>> On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 6:32 AM, David Edelsohn <email@example.com> wrote:
>>>> On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 9:24 AM, H.J. Lu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>>>>> On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 6:01 AM, David Edelsohn <email@example.com> wrote:
>>>>>> FYI, DejaGNU 1.6.1 is not compatible with the GCC Testsuite. The GCC
>>>>>> Testsuite uses "unsetenv" in multiple instances and that feature has
>>>>>> been removed from DejaGNU. The testsuite is going to experience
>>>>>> DejaGNU errors when Fedora or OpenSUSE upgrades to a more recent
>>>>>> DejaGNU in the 1.6 series.
>>>>> I am running Fedora 26 with dejagnu-1.6-2.fc26. What should I
>>>>> look for?
>>>> ERROR: (DejaGnu) proc "unsetenv GCC_EXEC_PREFIX" does not exist.
>>>> The error code is NONE
>>>> The info on the error is:
>>>> invalid command name "unsetenv"
>>>> while executing
>>>> "::tcl_unknown unsetenv GCC_EXEC_PREFIX"
>>>> ("uplevel" body line 1)
>>>> invoked from within
>>>> "uplevel 1 ::tcl_unknown $args"
>>> I checked my log. I didn't see them. Which log file do they appear in?
>> unsetenv was only removed after DejaGnu 1.6 was released. The change is
>> in the git repo; so far there exists no post-1.6 release.
> That is why I wrote 1.6.1. I didn't know if 1.6-2 was from snapshot after 1.6.
The -2 is just because the Fedora package got rebuilt, H.J.'s version
is 1.6, and looking at the Fedora package it's unmodified from the
upstream 1.6 release. So Fedora doesn't have the change yet, even in