This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Assigning the result of a function call to a variable in the Gfortran frontend
- From: Tobias Grosser <tobias at grosser dot es>
- To: "(IIIT) Siddharth Bhat" <siddharth dot bhat at research dot iiit dot ac dot in>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: "tkoenig-gcc" <tkoenig at gcc dot gnu dot org>, vehre at gcc dot gnu dot org, Leslie Zhai <lesliezhai at llvm dot org dot cn>
- Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2017 08:14:17 +0200
- Subject: Re: Assigning the result of a function call to a variable in the Gfortran frontend
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPipc=2C9utKu=XR9=ttMZOc-DHOG6N7=mKS4AZE7cK4Srw7Jw@mail.gmail.com>
I copied you in this thread as you currently worked quite a bit with
dragonegg and we are currently trying to generate metadata that makes it
easier to reason about multi-dimensional fortran arrays.
On Mon, Sep 4, 2017, at 23:06, (IIIT) Siddharth Bhat wrote:
> I've been hacking on the Gfortran frontend to change array index
> expressions to function calls, so that I can inspect them later on in the
> pipeline. I go from Fortran -> LLVM IR (through dragonegg) where I will
> look at the function call nodes.
> However, I'm not able to generate correct IR for this. I can create
> function call, but I am unable to assign the return value of a function
> call to a variable here.
> Here's a link to my experiments here: It includes a patch, a test file
> the GIMPLE output
> Help would be very much appreciated!
> Sending this from my phone, please excuse any typos!