This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Fwd: Assigning the result of a function call to a variable in the Gfortran frontend
- From: "(IIIT) Siddharth Bhat" <siddharth dot bhat at research dot iiit dot ac dot in>
- To: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2017 23:12:52 +0200
- Subject: Fwd: Assigning the result of a function call to a variable in the Gfortran frontend
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPipc=2C9utKu=XR9=ttMZOc-DHOG6N7=mKS4AZE7cK4Srw7Jw@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: siddharth dot bhat at research dot iiit dot ac dot in
I've been hacking on the Gfortran frontend to change array index
expressions to function calls, so that I can inspect them later on in
the pipeline. I go from Fortran -> LLVM IR (through dragonegg) where I
will look at the function call nodes.
However, I'm not able to generate correct IR for this. I can create
function call, but I am unable to assign the return value of a
function call to a variable here.
Here's a link to my experiments here: It includes a patch, a test file
and the GIMPLE output -
Help would be very much appreciated!
Sending this from my phone, please excuse any typos!