This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Building on gcc112 is stuck in msgfmt
- From: Jason Mancini <jayrusman at hotmail dot com>
- To: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 15:22:08 +0000
- Subject: Re: Building on gcc112 is stuck in msgfmt
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
Been doing stability testing on my x86_64 Ryzen cpu using openSUSE's (Tumbleweed) "gcc7.1.1 20170802" + compiling Linux kernel source. Every so often, the build curiously stalls on a futex between cc1 and as. cc1 is on the futex. as is waiting to read. Could that hang be related to what's being discussed here?