This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Segfault generated by gcc-7
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Marco Varlese <marco dot varlese at suse dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 12:28:29 +0100
- Subject: Re: Segfault generated by gcc-7
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20170829103854.GD17069@redhat.com>
On 29 August 2017 at 11:38, Marek Polacek wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 12:31:39PM +0200, Marco Varlese wrote:
>> I got a SEGFAULT in my program when compiling it with gcc-7 but it
>> is/was all good when using gcc-6.
>> The SEGFAULT happens due to the line below:
>> d_point = *p;
>> And a fix for it (with gcc-7) has been:
>> Does this make any sense to anybody?
> Not without a stand-alone testcase. See <https://gcc.gnu.org/bugs/>
> for more info.
Also please note that this mailing list is for discussing the
development of GCC itself. For help and support use the
email@example.com list instead.