This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: dejagnu version update?
- From: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Rainer Orth <ro at cebitec dot uni-bielefeld dot de>
- Cc: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>, Bernhard Reutner-Fischer <rep dot dot dot nop at gmail dot com>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat dot com>, Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 09:55:29 -0400
- Subject: Re: dejagnu version update?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAGWvnynfWZeEm+LoMKdOQb6vv33BLcE38sRxfbKWvues4eYFyg@mail.gmail.com> <CAMe9rOrA2RSJA9g9btXpUaryt7t-oUjpcb0=ZpEgA-HLN8EgLA@mail.gmail.com> <CAGWvnymEnhNgo=z+Gt9S+KBXsR_y6fQ60sC504uYwSEmi3svUA@mail.gmail.com> <CAMe9rOo+taw1eS8gzJgyPdQbmpgfHFQdxN+zpt2aFj2mNEPBSg@mail.gmail.com> <yddr2vz4uzp.fsf@CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 9:50 AM, Rainer Orth
> Hi H.J.,
>> On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 6:32 AM, David Edelsohn <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>>> On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 9:24 AM, H.J. Lu <email@example.com> wrote:
>>>> On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 6:01 AM, David Edelsohn <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>>>>> FYI, DejaGNU 1.6.1 is not compatible with the GCC Testsuite. The GCC
>>>>> Testsuite uses "unsetenv" in multiple instances and that feature has
>>>>> been removed from DejaGNU. The testsuite is going to experience
>>>>> DejaGNU errors when Fedora or OpenSUSE upgrades to a more recent
>>>>> DejaGNU in the 1.6 series.
>>>> I am running Fedora 26 with dejagnu-1.6-2.fc26. What should I
>>>> look for?
>>> ERROR: (DejaGnu) proc "unsetenv GCC_EXEC_PREFIX" does not exist.
>>> The error code is NONE
>>> The info on the error is:
>>> invalid command name "unsetenv"
>>> while executing
>>> "::tcl_unknown unsetenv GCC_EXEC_PREFIX"
>>> ("uplevel" body line 1)
>>> invoked from within
>>> "uplevel 1 ::tcl_unknown $args"
>> I checked my log. I didn't see them. Which log file do they appear in?
> unsetenv was only removed after DejaGnu 1.6 was released. The change is
> in the git repo; so far there exists no post-1.6 release.
That is why I wrote 1.6.1. I didn't know if 1.6-2 was from snapshot after 1.6.
Future releases of DejaGNU will elicit errors from the GCC Testsuite
as currently written. My message is a warning about future