Bit-field struct member sign extension pattern results in redundant

Sorry I had to send again as my Apple mailer is munging emails. I’ve disabled RTF.

This one is quite interesting:

- https://cx.rv8.io/g/WXWMTG

It’s another target independent bug. x86 is using some LEA followed by SAR trick with a 3 bit shift. Surely SHL 27, SAR 27 would suffice. In any case RISC-V seems like a nice target to try to fix this codegen for, as its less risk than attempting a fix in x86 ;-)

- https://github.com/riscv/riscv-gcc/issues/89

code:

	template <typename T, unsigned B>
	inline T signextend(const T x)
	{
 	struct {T x:B;} s;
  	return s.x = x;
	}

	int sx5(int x) {
 		return signextend<signed int,5>(x);
	}

riscv asm:

	sx5(int):
	  slliw a0,a0,3
	  slliw a0,a0,24
	  sraiw a0,a0,24
	  sraiw a0,a0,3
	  ret

hand coded riscv asm

	sx5(int):
	  slliw a0,a0,27
	  sraiw a0,a0,27
	  ret

x86 asm:

	sx5(int):
	  lea eax, [0+rdi*8]
	  sar al, 3
	  movsx eax, al
	  ret

hand coded x86 asm (no worse because the sar depends on the lea)

	sx5(int):
	  shl edi, 27
	  sar edi, 27
	  movsx eax, dl