This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Bug web/?????] New: Fwd: failure notice: Bugzilla down.
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: NightStrike <nightstrike at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Martin Sebor <msebor at gmail dot com>, Eric Gallager <egall at gwmail dot gwu dot edu>, <gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org>, GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 17:41:57 +0000
- Subject: Re: [Bug web/?????] New: Fwd: failure notice: Bugzilla down.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMfHzOsXnceTY=YHFfC_qDPYYgkyer=dm5ESABuO_KjuQ60MXw@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <CAF1jjLvEtp3PPMWxiYG1_1=jbVh3xQnw1Nn2n_9ndCjHUCpgMg@mail.gmail.com>
On Wed, 16 Aug 2017, NightStrike wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 11:10 PM, Martin Sebor <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > On 08/14/2017 04:22 PM, Eric Gallager wrote:
> >> I'm emailing this manually to the list because Bugzilla is down and I
> >> can't file a bug on Bugzilla about Bugzilla being down. The error
> >> message looks like this:
> > Bugzilla and the rest of gcc.gnu.org have been down much of
> > the afternoon/evening due to a hard drive upgrade (the old disk
> > apparently failed). You're not the only one who found out about
> There's no RAID?
The problem was apparently a kernel bug (in the 2.6.32 RHEL6 kernel, may
or may not be in current kernels) that arose when adding a new SSD mirror
to the RAID with the old hard drives marked writemostly. (Separately, one
of the hard drives in the existing HDD RAID is showing signs of failing
and needs to be replaced.)
Joseph S. Myers