This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [sparc64] kernel OOPS with gcc 7.1 / 7.2
- From: Anatoly Pugachev <matorola at gmail dot com>
- To: Sam Ravnborg <sam at ravnborg dot org>
- Cc: Sparc kernel list <sparclinux at vger dot kernel dot org>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, strace-devel at lists dot sourceforge dot net, ldv at altlinux dot org
- Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 23:35:16 +0300
- Subject: Re: [sparc64] kernel OOPS with gcc 7.1 / 7.2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CADxRZqw4Qomu0n2k0hC4to-wp9GW8FR_k290sD6HmTXbgmBa0A@mail.gmail.com> <20170815200848.GA23474@ravnborg.org>
On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 11:08 PM, Sam Ravnborg <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hi Anatoly.
> On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 09:50:45PM +0300, Anatoly Pugachev wrote:
>> Together with Dmitry (ldv) , we've discovered that running test suite
>> from strace produces kernel OOPS, when kernel is compiled with gcc 7.1
>> or with gcc 7.2 , but not with gcc 6 :
> First, could you please verify if you have following fix in your kernel.
> This fixed a similar oops when runnign strace test suite.
> And was only seen on ultrasparc-III
> commit 0ede1c401332173ab0693121dc6cde04a4dbf131
> Author: David S. Miller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Date: Fri Aug 4 09:47:52 2017 -0700
> sparc64: Fix exception handling in UltraSPARC-III memcpy.
it is in the git tree I'm using to compile kernel :
$ git show -s --oneline 0ede1c401332173ab0693121dc6cde04a4dbf131
0ede1c401332 sparc64: Fix exception handling in UltraSPARC-III memcpy.