This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Bug web/?????] New: Fwd: failure notice: Bugzilla down.
- From: Martin Sebor <msebor at gmail dot com>
- To: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Eric Gallager <egall at gwmail dot gwu dot edu>, gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org, GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 09:16:50 -0600
- Subject: Re: [Bug web/?????] New: Fwd: failure notice: Bugzilla down.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMfHzOsXnceTY=YHFfC_qDPYYgkyer=dm5ESABuO_KjuQ60MXw@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAH6eHdTsKsdnXG-edvWWHh-Vd45jKuiMxL8V3W34+j+86aFmHA@mail.gmail.com>
On 08/15/2017 07:27 AM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
On 15 August 2017 at 04:10, Martin Sebor wrote:
On 08/14/2017 04:22 PM, Eric Gallager wrote:
I'm emailing this manually to the list because Bugzilla is down and I
can't file a bug on Bugzilla about Bugzilla being down. The error
message looks like this:
Even if it were possible, there wouldn't be any point in filing a bug
that bugzilla's down, and so not much point emailing gcc-bugs either
(since that's for bugzilla mail). Using gcc@ seems like the right
list to me.
N.B. since the server is being restored from a backup all of
yesterday's changes to bugzilla have been lost, including all Richi's
7.2 release changes, and Eric's housekeeping.
I don't suggest redoing all that work until all services are fully
restored, in case it's lost again.
It looks like the data loss extends beyond 8/14. Bug 81840
was created Sunday afternoon but is not in the database:
(Strangely, 81841 is there, as is 81839.)
Is there a plan to restore the lost data somehow or should
we try to do that ourselves for the bugs we know about?