This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: regression for microblaze architecture
- From: Martin Liška <mliska at suse dot cz>
- To: Michael Eager <eager at eagerm dot com>, Waldemar Brodkorb <wbx at openadk dot org>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Ajit Agarwal <ajitkum at xilinx dot com>, buildroot at buildroot dot org, dev at openadk dot org, Thomas Petazzoni <thomas dot petazzoni at free-electrons dot com>
- Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2017 15:41:34 +0200
- Subject: Re: regression for microblaze architecture
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170527085122.GB24800@waldemar-brodkorb.de> <5929A49C.email@example.com>
On 05/27/2017 06:09 PM, Michael Eager wrote:
> On 05/27/2017 01:51 AM, Waldemar Brodkorb wrote:
>> Buildroot and OpenADK have samples to create a Linux system to be
>> bootup in Qemu system emulation for microblaze architecture.
>> With gcc 6.3 and 7.1 the samples are not working anymore,
>> because the Linux system userland does not boot.
>> Qemu 2.9.0:
>> Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
>> (with glibc, musl and uClibc-ng toolchains)
>> I bisected gcc source code and found the bad commit:
>> When reverting the change, gcc 6.3 and 7.1 produces working
>> Linux rootfs again.
>> What can we do about it?
> I will revert this commit in GCC.
Looks the revert caused: