This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: An internal GCC compiler error when compiling GCC 7.x with GCC 6.x and 4.x
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Martin Liška <mliska at suse dot cz>
- Cc: Ethin Probst <harlydavidsen at gmail dot com>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2017 15:03:03 +0000
- Subject: Re: An internal GCC compiler error when compiling GCC 7.x with GCC 6.x and 4.x
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAJQtwF2-n-H4SjkFpX84saHsVWoWuT1Md9SMCvgA7XC2+S7S9w@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com>
On Mon, 7 Aug 2017, Martin Liška wrote:
> On 07/30/2017 05:08 AM, Ethin Probst wrote:
> > --enable-checking=all --disable-nls --enable-fixed-point
> > In file included from ../../../gcc-7.1.0/libgcc/fixed-bit.c:55:0:
> > ../../../gcc-7.1.0/libgcc/fixed-bit.h:64:1: error: unable to emulate 'QQ'
> I can take a look, but please create a bug issue and try to isolate *.i*
> files by adding -E to the GCC invocation that causes the problem.
I think it's clear enough from the above that the problem is the use of
--enable-fixed-point for a target that doesn't support that feature (i.e.
anmything other than ARM and MIPS).
(As I previously noted
unfortunate that the fixed-point support requires so much target-specific
code rather than being based on GIMPLE lowering. But as that's the
present situation, --enable-fixed-point on targets without the
target-specific code isn't really useful.)
Joseph S. Myers