This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Overwhelmed by GCC frustration
- From: Claudiu Zissulescu <claziss at gmail dot com>
- To: Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at foss dot arm dot com>
- Cc: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>, Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>, Oleg Endo <oleg dot endo at t-online dot de>, Georg-Johann Lay <avr at gjlay dot de>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2017 11:38:20 +0200
- Subject: Re: Overwhelmed by GCC frustration
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <597F2FB4.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <CABu31nODW+a_hjx-0vAJb5yv2oLLhaoUTcaeVFwBdjH9BcSj5A@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Maybe better is to use the updated CsIbe repo from github
https://github.com/szeged/csibe. I use it for ARC to track the code
On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 11:12 AM, Richard Earnshaw
> On 03/08/17 13:11, Steven Bosscher wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 6:49 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>>> Long ago, there was a code size regression tester for at least
>>> ARM. Is that still around?
>> There used to be autotesters from CSiBE. Something still appears to
>> exist (http://www.csibe.org/old/) but the last time I tried to run the
>> benchmark, I couldn't get the suite to compile. That was some years
>> ago, perhaps the situation is better nowadays (http://www.csibe.org/
>> without the old, suggests something's changed at some point...).
>> As for "long ago", see also your own reply to
>> https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2003-07/msg00111.html :-)
> CSiBE does still build (but you need -sdt=gnu98). I build it nightly.