This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Overwhelmed by GCC frustration
- From: Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at foss dot arm dot com>
- To: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>, Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- Cc: Oleg Endo <oleg dot endo at t-online dot de>, Georg-Johann Lay <avr at gjlay dot de>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2017 10:12:15 +0100
- Subject: Re: Overwhelmed by GCC frustration
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <597F2FB4.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <CABu31nODW+a_hjx-0vAJb5yv2oLLhaoUTcaeVFwBdjH9BcSj5A@mail.gmail.com>
On 03/08/17 13:11, Steven Bosscher wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 6:49 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>> Long ago, there was a code size regression tester for at least
>> ARM. Is that still around?
> There used to be autotesters from CSiBE. Something still appears to
> exist (http://www.csibe.org/old/) but the last time I tried to run the
> benchmark, I couldn't get the suite to compile. That was some years
> ago, perhaps the situation is better nowadays (http://www.csibe.org/
> without the old, suggests something's changed at some point...).
> As for "long ago", see also your own reply to
> https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2003-07/msg00111.html :-)
CSiBE does still build (but you need -sdt=gnu98). I build it nightly.