Re: RFC: C extension to support variable-length vector types

On Wed, 2017-08-02 at 14:09 +0100, Richard Sandiford wrote:
>   (1) Does the approach seem reasonable?
>
>   (2) Would it be acceptable in principle to add this extension to the
>       GCC C frontend (only enabled where necessary)?
>
>   (3) Should we submit this to the standards committee?

I hadn't have time to look at the proposal in detail.  I think it would
be good to have the standards committees review this.  I doubt you could
find consensus in the C++ for type system changes unless you have a
really good reason.  Have you considered how you could use the ARM
extensions from http://wg21.link/p0214r4 ?