Re: 64-bit PowerPC and small data area?

----- Segher Boessenkool <segher@kernel.crashing.org> schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 02:38:45PM +0200, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> > So, it looks like the small data stuff is not support for ABI_ELFv2? Are
> > there main issues with the small data area using ELVv2 or is this simply
> > not implemented due to a lack of interested?
>
> It is just not implemented.  ELFv2 is so far only used on Linux, and
> only on LE at that (BE is not regularly tested).

Ok, thank you for the clarification.

> Will this buy you anything though?  Small data already ends up in the
> TOC.  Do you / should you use -mcmodel=small?

Yes, we use statically linked applications together with the operating system (< 32MiB). So, we don't need this fancy stuff for the dynamic libraries. Is there a 64-bit ABI with ready to use support for the small data area?

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09
E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de

Diese Nachricht ist keine gesch&auml;ftliche Mitteilung im Sinne des EHUG.