This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 64-bit PowerPC and small data area?
- From: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- To: Sebastian Huber <sebastian dot huber at embedded-brains dot de>
- Cc: GCC <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 09:43:37 -0500
- Subject: Re: 64-bit PowerPC and small data area?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 02:38:45PM +0200, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> So, it looks like the small data stuff is not support for ABI_ELFv2? Are
> there main issues with the small data area using ELVv2 or is this simply
> not implemented due to a lack of interested?
It is just not implemented. ELFv2 is so far only used on Linux, and
only on LE at that (BE is not regularly tested).
Will this buy you anything though? Small data already ends up in the
TOC. Do you / should you use -mcmodel=small?