Re: GCC Runtime Library Exception in gcc/config/* files?

On 21/07/17 15:50, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 2:24 AM, Sebastian Huber
<sebastian.huber@embedded-brains.de>  wrote:
there are some files in gcc/config/* that contain the GCC Runtime Library
Exception

grep -r --include='*.[ch]' 'GCC Runtime Library Exception' -l gcc/config |
wc
     186     186    5361

and some files that don't include it

grep -r --include='*.[ch]' 'GCC Runtime Library Exception' -l gcc/config -v
| wc
     753     753   20927

Does it matter? What should be used for new files?
I think that in general we should probably use the Runtime Library
Exception for header files that might need to be included by a plugin,
which means anything that might be included by tm.h.  But I can't
think of any reason to use the Exception for .c files.

For example

gcc/config/rs6000/linux64.h

has the GCC Runtime Library Exception, but

gcc/config/rs6000/freebsd64.h

has it not. I update currently

gcc/config/rs6000/rtems.h

to support 64-bit, so know I am a bit confused.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09