What kind of data would be put into code section?

Hello everyone,
I'm using GCC 5.4.0.  I know that in some situations, GCC will put
data into .text section, to improve performance. I know one case is
jump table, but I'm still curious about other cases. What kind of data
will be put into executable sections? Is there any way to avoid this?
Any ideas?