This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
What kind of data would be put into code section?
- From: Benxi Liu <lbxlbxlbxlbxlbx at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 12:00:27 +0800
- Subject: What kind of data would be put into code section?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I'm using GCC 5.4.0. I know that in some situations, GCC will put
data into .text section, to improve performance. I know one case is
jump table, but I'm still curious about other cases. What kind of data
will be put into executable sections? Is there any way to avoid this?