This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GC/GTY and Coverity "resource leaks" (was Re: Daily Coverity analysis on gcc)
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- To: David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre at debian dot org>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Jonathan Wakely <jonathan dot wakely at gmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 23:08:49 +0200
- Subject: Re: GC/GTY and Coverity "resource leaks" (was Re: Daily Coverity analysis on gcc)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* David Malcolm:
> The most recent one, and thus the first one I looked at (CID=1412982)
> was a supposed "Resource Leak" in the get_cast_suggestion function I
> introduced in r249461, where the local variable "trial" is supposedly
> leaked (leading to 3 issues within Coverity overall, if I'm reading
> things right, for the 3 ways in which a non-NULL value can be generated
> and then fall out of scope).
disallow such public discussion: “You will not publish any findings
regarding or resulting from use of the Service or the Software”.
I don't know if this also means that you cannot fix bugs identified by