This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
git svn dcommit migration error
- From: Martin Sebor <msebor at gmail dot com>
- To: GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 21:46:01 -0600
- Subject: git svn dcommit migration error
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I ran into another git-svn error. I thought I'd post it here
for reference, and in case someone has some ideas of what might
have caused it or how to avoid it.
$ git svn dcommit
Migrating from a git-svn v1 layout...
Data from a previous version of git-svn exists, but
(required for this version (2.9.3) of git-svn) does not exist.
Done migrating from a git-svn v1 layout
Unable to determine upstream SVN information from HEAD history.
Perhaps the repository is empty. at /usr/libexec/git-core/git-svn line 866.
The repository was created by
$ git clone <local-gcc-copy> <other-local-copy>
$ cd <other-local-copy>
$ git remote set-url origin <local-gcc-copy-url>