Re: Getting spurious FAILS in testsuite?

On 06/01/2017 05:59 AM, Georg-Johann Lay wrote:
Hi, when I am running the gcc testsuite in $builddir/gcc then
$ make check-gcc RUNTESTFLAGS='ubsan.exp'
comes up with spurious fails.

This was discussed before, and the suspicion was that it was a linux kernel bug. There were multiple kernel fixes pointed at, it wasn't clear which one was required to fix it.

I have Ubuntu 16.04 LTS on my laptop, and I see the problem. I can't run the ubsan testsuites with -j factor greater than one and get reproducible results. There may also be other ways to trigger the problem.

See for instance the thread
    https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2016-07/msg00117.html
The first message in the thread from Andrew Pinski mentions that the log output is corrupted from apparent buffer overflow.

Jim