This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: regression for microblaze architecture
- From: Michael Eager <eager at eagerm dot com>
- To: Waldemar Brodkorb <wbx at openadk dot org>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Ajit Agarwal <ajitkum at xilinx dot com>, buildroot at buildroot dot org, dev at openadk dot org, Thomas Petazzoni <thomas dot petazzoni at free-electrons dot com>
- Date: Sat, 27 May 2017 09:09:00 -0700
- Subject: Re: regression for microblaze architecture
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170527085122.GB24800@waldemar-brodkorb.de>
On 05/27/2017 01:51 AM, Waldemar Brodkorb wrote:
Buildroot and OpenADK have samples to create a Linux system to be
bootup in Qemu system emulation for microblaze architecture.
With gcc 6.3 and 7.1 the samples are not working anymore,
because the Linux system userland does not boot.
Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
(with glibc, musl and uClibc-ng toolchains)
I bisected gcc source code and found the bad commit:
When reverting the change, gcc 6.3 and 7.1 produces working
Linux rootfs again.
What can we do about it?
I will revert this commit in GCC.
Michael Eager firstname.lastname@example.org
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306 650-325-8077