This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
regression for microblaze architecture
- From: Waldemar Brodkorb <wbx at openadk dot org>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Ajit Agarwal <ajitkum at xilinx dot com>, Michael Eager <eager at eagerm dot com>, buildroot at buildroot dot org, dev at openadk dot org
- Date: Sat, 27 May 2017 10:51:22 +0200
- Subject: regression for microblaze architecture
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Buildroot and OpenADK have samples to create a Linux system to be
bootup in Qemu system emulation for microblaze architecture.
With gcc 6.3 and 7.1 the samples are not working anymore,
because the Linux system userland does not boot.
Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
(with glibc, musl and uClibc-ng toolchains)
I bisected gcc source code and found the bad commit:
When reverting the change, gcc 6.3 and 7.1 produces working
Linux rootfs again.
What can we do about it?