This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: git-svn error due to out-of-sync changes?
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Martin Sebor <msebor at gmail dot com>, GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 11:59:30 -0600
- Subject: Re: git-svn error due to out-of-sync changes?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: ext-mx10.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; dmarc=none (p=none dis=none) header.from=redhat.com
- Authentication-results: ext-mx10.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=law at redhat dot com
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 mx1.redhat.com 23C2F5F742
- Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.2 mx1.redhat.com 23C2F5F742
- References: <email@example.com>
On 05/18/2017 11:41 AM, Martin Sebor wrote:
> I just tried to push a change and got the error below. git
> pull says my tree is up to date. I wonder if it's caused by
> my commit conflicting with another commit (in this case
> r248244) that git-svn doesn't see because it lags behind SVN.
> I brushed this (and other strange errors) off before, not
> bothering to try to understand it but it's happened enough
> times that I'd like to bring it up. I expect some (maybe
> even most) of these issues would not exist if we were using
> Git directly rather than the git-svn wrapper. Has any more
> progress been made on the Git integration project? Is there
> something I/we can do to help get it done?
That just means something changed upstream betwen your last git svn
rebase and your local commit.
Just "git svn rebase", resolve conflicts (the ChangeLogs are the most
common source of conflicts) and you should be good to go.