This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: comparing parallel test runs
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>, GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 09:13:40 -0600
- Subject: Re: comparing parallel test runs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: ext-mx05.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; dmarc=none (p=none dis=none) header.from=redhat.com
- Authentication-results: ext-mx05.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=law at redhat dot com
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 mx1.redhat.com 8A59123E6C2
- Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.2 mx1.redhat.com 8A59123E6C2
- References: <email@example.com>
On 05/17/2017 04:23 AM, Aldy Hernandez wrote:
> Hi folks.
> I've been having troubles comparing the results of different test runs
> for quite some time, and have finally decided to whine about it. Perhaps
> someone can point out to whatever I may be doing wrong.
> I generally do "make check -k -j60" on two different trees and compare
Make sure you've got Andi's patch installed and report back. It's
supposed to help with smaller -j loads, but it's unclear if it's enough
to address the problems with higher loads like you're using.