This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: comparing parallel test runs
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>, Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 09:12:19 -0600
- Subject: Re: comparing parallel test runs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: ext-mx03.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; dmarc=none (p=none dis=none) header.from=redhat.com
- Authentication-results: ext-mx03.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=law at redhat dot com
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 mx1.redhat.com 1F0B3804FE
- Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.2 mx1.redhat.com 1F0B3804FE
- References: <email@example.com> <CAH6eHdRQ=PnvFp5VvpfhwzNchJDVsp=W3JiQ4HguCLK2Zag4fA@mail.gmail.com>
On 05/17/2017 07:28 AM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On 17 May 2017 at 11:23, Aldy Hernandez wrote:
>> Has anyone seen this behavior? Is it my test box? Are there known problems
>> with parallel checks?
> Smells like https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=77684
Yup. Note that I ack'd a patch from Andi that should help here. I
haven't tested it on tor/torsion under typical loads there, but I'd
expect it to really help on -j loads folks typically use on their laptops.