This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: dejagnu version update?
- From: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- To: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Bernhard Reutner-Fischer <rep dot dot dot nop at gmail dot com>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 12:08:06 -0700
- Subject: Re: dejagnu version update?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <55F720E6.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4CB1399A-23A6-44F7-A25F-ECBD953E03A0@gmail.com> <55F74C3D.email@example.com> <F5F4A096-2DD7-4635-9CB2-5A611247D71F@comcast.net> <1442344899.32352.101.camel@surprise> <55F87A07.firstname.lastname@example.org> <5B7C7A4F-122E-4485-B3F7-15309B91B21E@gmail.com> <email@example.com> <20170513103834.GQ1809@tucnak> <CAH6eHdQGkGn0pYYi_sfroP=qZNV=-BvKk2hjs5MQ-eSS_r+tPQ@mail.gmail.com> <4FE7E284-0A0B-469E-AFF6-3BD1F2E1B431@gmail.com> <CAH6eHdSVQPOV0RQCzy6LKHGX0eh_ckL3LML6SaTLmdqKd-zHqg@mail.gmail.com>
On May 16, 2017, at 5:16 AM, Jonathan Wakely <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> The change I care about in 1.5.3
So, we haven't talked much about the version people want most. If we update, might as well get something that more people care about. 1.5.3 is in ubuntu LTS 16.04 and Fedora 24, so it's been around awhile. SUSU is said to be using 1.6, in the post 1.4.4 systems. People stated they want 1.5.2 and 1.5.3, so, I'm inclined to say, let's shoot for 1.5.3 when we do update.
As for the machines in the FSF compile farm, nah, tail wagging the dog. I'd rather just update the requirement, and the owners or users of those machines can install a new dejagnu, if they are using one that is too old and they want to support testing gcc.