This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Basic Block Statistics
- From: Will Hawkins <whh8b at virginia dot edu>
- To: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 14:24:01 -0400
- Subject: Basic Block Statistics
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I apologize if this is not the right venue to ask this question and/or
this is a waste of your time.
I was just wondering if there are statistics that gcc can emit that
includes either a) the average number of instructions per basic block
and/or b) the average size (in bytes) per basic block in a compilation
If nothing like this exists, I am more than happy to code something up
if people besides me think that it might be interesting.
I promise that I googled for information before asking, but I can't
guarantee that I didn't miss anything. Again, I apologize if I just
needed to RTFM better.
Thanks in advance for any responses!