This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: dejagnu version update?
- From: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: NightStrike <nightstrike at gmail dot com>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Bernhard Reutner-Fischer <rep dot dot dot nop at gmail dot com>, David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 12:17:57 -0700
- Subject: Re: dejagnu version update?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <55F720E6.email@example.com> <4CB1399A-23A6-44F7-A25F-ECBD953E03A0@gmail.com> <55F74C3D.firstname.lastname@example.org> <F5F4A096-2DD7-4635-9CB2-5A611247D71F@comcast.net> <1442344899.32352.101.camel@surprise> <55F87A07.email@example.com> <5B7C7A4F-122E-4485-B3F7-15309B91B21E@gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20170513103834.GQ1809@tucnak> <email@example.com> <CAF1jjLvbBEYPT-MwRZWz3p7va2ZUcTB6m9b0q1fB1saZkDjYeA@mail.gmail.com> <CAFiYyc3OCzsB6xTUGEdhAKmYpGoux58ji=71v+YqDdY1CKTXiQ@mail.gmail.com>
On May 15, 2017, at 1:06 AM, Richard Biener <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Both SLE-11 and SLE-12 use dejagnu 1.4.4, so does openSUSE Leap 42..
> Tumbleweed uses 1.6 so new SLE will inherit that. But I still do all
> of my testing on systems with just dejagnu 1.4.4.
So dejagnu is independent of most things and downloads and installs in seconds, upgrading it shouldn't pose a problem for anyone that can build gcc.
That said, a little surprising that SLE is lagging everyone else so hard. Looking at the 42.2 EOL plans, and that would put switching degagnu versions at around 13 months from now, if we waited.
So, how much would you mind, for trunk to require a newer a dejagnu? If just a little, I'm inclined to not wait and support updating now. If please god no, then I don't see the harm in waiting 13 months. Leap 42.3 is out in 3 months, so the sooner update time would be just 3 months. Could you jump to Leap 42.3 at that time?