This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Install GCC guide
- From: joris <joriswu at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 23:03:04 +1000
- Subject: Install GCC guide
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
The installing GCC guide contains a paragraph that says 'If you also
intend to build binutils (either to upgrade an existing installation or
for use in place of the corresponding tools of your OS), unpack the
binutils distribution either in the same directory or a separate one.'
Bu according to bug https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=80719,
unpacking a binutils source release within a GCC source release may not
be a good idea.
Problem with building GCC is that if you do not, you end up with a
So to summarize, the install guide does not work as-is