Re: Heads-Up: early LTO debug to land, breaking Mach-O / [X]COFF

Hi Richard,

> On 12 May 2017, at 10:24, Richard Biener <> wrote:
> This is a heads-up that I am in the process of implementing the last
> of Jasons review comments on the dwarf2out parts of early LTO debug
> support.  I hope to post final patches early next week after thoroughly
> re-testing everything.
> Note that Mach-O and [X]COFF support in the simple-object machinery
> is still missing for the early LTO debug feature so I am going to
> break LTOing with DWARF debuginfo on Darwin and Windows (CCing
> maintainers).  Mach-O support has been worked on a bit by Iain
> and myself but the simple-object piece is still missing.

Still on my TODO, and intending to do it for Mach-O - but rather short of cycles (if non-LTO is unaffected at least we have some breathing space).

> A workaround is to use stabs on these targets with LTO.

stabs isn’t going to work (well, if at all) on modern Darwin...

> DWARF part:
> simple-object part:
> both still apply with some fuzz.

I have a branch somewhere, will rebase - I’ve been getting stuff up to speed this week,