This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Heads-Up: early LTO debug to land, breaking Mach-O / [X]COFF
- From: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, 10walls at gmail dot com, mikestump at comcast dot net, iain at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 11:24:36 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Heads-Up: early LTO debug to land, breaking Mach-O / [X]COFF
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
This is a heads-up that I am in the process of implementing the last
of Jasons review comments on the dwarf2out parts of early LTO debug
support. I hope to post final patches early next week after thoroughly
Note that Mach-O and [X]COFF support in the simple-object machinery
is still missing for the early LTO debug feature so I am going to
break LTOing with DWARF debuginfo on Darwin and Windows (CCing
maintainers). Mach-O support has been worked on a bit by Iain
and myself but the simple-object piece is still missing.
A workaround is to use stabs on these targets with LTO.
DWARF part: https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2016-11/msg01023.html
both still apply with some fuzz.